Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer Associate - Web App Development - (663371) in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Engineer Associate, Software - Web App Development
What you’ll do:
- The successful candidate will work with a team of software professionals developing web-based user interfaces (UI), data processing and event driven applications.
- Be able to provide and communicate understanding of both the technical and programmatic aspects of a project to the team as well as the customer.
- Promote development of a strong team by participation in key aspects of the project and mentoring more junior team members.
- May work with classified documents which requires thorough knowledge of DoD procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Maintain and update required records and reports.
- Present and resolve any technical program difficulties or discrepancies with the team, customers, and subcontractors in a timely manner.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Current knowledge of industry standard software engineering practices, including agile methodologies, unit testing, code generation, and software configuration management methodologies is required.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or applied mathematics preferred.
- Demonstrated software development knowledge and/or experience (e.g. full or part-time software work experience, internships, co-ops, or self-initiated projects)
- Demonstrated experience with compiled/bytecode programming languages (e.g., C, C++, C#, Java)
- Understanding of object-oriented programming
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience with at least one of the following: Docker, DC/OS, Marathon load balancer, Mesosphere, Kafka, C++, AngularJS, Typescript, WebGL, Leaflet, GoldenLayout, NPM Webpack, GDAL, Ffmpeg, Scipy/Numpy, Python, HDF5, or HDFServer
- Ability to work in accordance with coding and documentation standards
- Ability to execute coding & programing in Microsoft, IOS, or Android systems
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance as required.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineer Associate - Web App Development - (663371)
Job ID: 663371
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time