Belcan Production Operations Technician in Dayton, Ohio
Production Operations Technician
Job Number: 280233
Description: Belcan is currently recruiting for a job of a Production Operations Technician in Dayton, OH for a manufacturing client. The primary responsibility of this position is to produce products that meet the customer specifications. This is a contract job and possibly could lead into a direct position.
• Measure, weigh, and mix chemical ingredients, according to procedure and record operational data, such as temperatures, pressures, ingredients used, processing times, or test results.
• Control or operate equipment in which chemical changes or reactions take place during the processing of products and make necessary adjustments on equipment units affecting speeds of chemical reactions, quality, or yields as directed/approved by Supervisor.
• Adjust controls to regulate temperature, pressure, feed, or flow of liquids or gases and times of prescribed reactions, according to knowledge of equipment and processes and monitor gauges, recording instruments, flowmeters, or products to ensure that specified conditions are maintained.
• Draw samples of products for the Analytical Department at specified stages so that analyses can be performed for specific chemical characteristics such as pH levels, concentrations, or viscosities.
• Read and understand batch procedures and work instructions including related MSDSs (material safety data sheets).
• Possess a High School Diploma or GED is required.
• Basic chemistry and strong communication and math skills are required with one or more years of experience in a chemical manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Applicants must be a self-starter with an attention to detail with good organizational skills, teamwork skills, and the ability to multi-task are required.
• Knowledge of machines equipment such as pumps, ovens, stirrers, dryers and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance is required.
• Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
This is a contract position working on 1st shift
If you are interested in this Production Operations Technician job in Dayton, Ohio please apply via the “apply now” link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services—from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Location: Dayton , OH
Minimum Experience (yrs): 1-5+
Required Education: Trade School Diploma
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart