Mercy Health Part-Time HIM Specialist - Fairfield Hospital in Fairfield, Ohio
Part-Time HIM Specialist - Fairfield Hospital
Job ID: 4661871
Updated: April 16, 2018
Location: Fairfield, OH, United States
Department: HIM Operations
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 20
The HIM (Health Information Management) Specialist primary job duty is to assist with the analysis/reanalysis of records, ensuring Medical Staff Rules and Regulations are followed. Reviews and assigns signature deficiencies to reports from Med Images. Works various HPF queues, such as wait for OP note, to prevent delays in coding/billing. Performs or assists in the performance of items related to the physician suspension process. Completes chart pick-up and reconciliation ensuring all records are accounted for and that timely follow-up is completed on missing records. Reviews the surgery schedule daily, ensuring reports are sent to surgery timely. Knowledge in all areas related to the document imaging process is required. Works closely with the transcription service provider to ensure corrections requested by physicians are completed timely. Assists the HIM front office area as needed. Completes quality audits as requested. Flexes work schedule as requested to help provide department coverage, including to other locations if required. Works closely with the HIM Management team on special projects, as needed.
• Minimum of one (1) of the following accreditations preferred; RHIA or RHIT
• Minimum of two (2) years acute care facility HIM experience preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
• Demonstrates effective leadership skills.
• Knowledge of CMS, and Joint Commission regulations.
• Problem solving skills developed through formal education or experience.
• Organizational skills, attention to details, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to complete assignments independently with little or no supervision.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required to effectively work as a liaison with associates at all levels.
• Ability to utilize proper chain of command.
• Demonstrated proficiency in personal computers and various software and database applications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Completes analysis/reanalysis of all records accurately and timely.
• Performs or assists in the performance of all tasks related to the physician suspension process.
• Assigns signature deficiencies to Med Images reports.
• Works the wait for OP Note queue in HPF and others are requested, to help prevent delays in billing/coding.
• Submits reports to the outside transcription service provider which contain physician corrections, ensuring they are returned timely.
• Performs chart pick-up and reconciles records retrieved against the discharged lists, ensuring any missing records has timely follow-up/resolution.
• Assists in monitoring the quality of work in the document imaging system.
• Reviews the surgery schedule each day, ensuring reports that are available are delivered timely to the pre-op area.
• Other duties as assigned
Monday-Friday from 8:00am-12:00pm. May include weekends, holidays and floating to our other Mercy Health facilities in Cincinnati.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.