Express Scripts Prescription Benefits Specialist, Call Center in Mason, Ohio
This position will handle inbound calls and facilitate outbound calls from/to patients inquiring about their Home Delivery benefits. Explain the advantages of Home Delivery mail order prescription services. Identify patient needs and present savings and convenience of receiving medications via Home Delivery. Accurately complete and document patient interactions and transactions in company databases.
- Member (Patient): Utilizing a consultative sales approach, explain the advantages of Home Delivery prescription services (mail-order). Update conversion requests and provide shipment status to members.
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation is entered into the appropriate systems for all contacts (internal/external) to maintain the quality of the home delivery process, document HIPAA compliance and reduce potential legal concerns.
- Navigate multiple on-line systems to capture and interpret basic patient/physician information and document the information in company data systems.
- Resolve questions and/or issues that may be preventing shipment of an order.
- Uphold quality and productivity standards on all transactions.
- Work collaboratively with other Member Choice Center employees to ensure that best practices are shared.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of relevant customer service experience or customer-facing experience
- Call center experience preferred
- Sales experience preferred
- Ability to work the required shift of 10:30 am – 7:00 pm EST; Monday thru Friday
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Internet with the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to articulate in communicating prescription request clearly
- Ability to provide exceptional listening and customer service skills
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, learn quickly, solve problems and make decisions
- Demonstrate dependability, self-motivation and goal-orientation
- Ability to positively represent ESI’s vision and values when interacting with customers and members
- Detailed oriented
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Pharmacy Operations Group is crucial to achieving our mission of practicing pharmacy smarter and putting medicine within reach. Members of this team are at the front line every day interacting with patients, strategizing on improvements and efficiencies, and processing the more than one million prescriptions that come through our world-class pharmacies and distribution facilities across the country.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.